Join us on the third Saturday of each month!
2018 dates: January 20, February 17, March 17, April 21, May 19, June 16, July 21, August 18, September TBD, October 20, November 17, December 8.
Join us for a lower sensory experience and special programming created especially for children on the autism spectrum. Free admission for children on the spectrum and their families from 8:30 am-10 am, but stay as late as you want! Programming begins at 9 am.
- August 18 – Making Magic
- September – No Spectrum Saturday – BFK closed for updates and maintenance.
- October 20 – Coding with Make I.T. SOAR
- November 17 – Making Music
- December 8 – Colors of Me glass project with Bergstrom-Mahler Museum of Glass
Thank you to our supporters!
Appleton Rotary Foundation – Helen Thom Roemer Fund
Evelyn and Arthur Lieman Children’s Fund*
Armin F. and Eddie C. Schroeder Fund*
*A fund within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region
Autism Therapy Resources at BFK
The following resources are always available at the Welcome Desk, not just on Spectrum Saturdays!
- Decision Boards with Velcro cards featuring BFK exhibit photos.
- Visual timers.
- Quiet room: Need a break? We’ll find you a calm, quiet space.
Visiting the BFK for the first time? Download the play script to help prepare for the multi-sensory experience.
Check out the play script “A Visit to The Building for Kids”.