Join us on the third Sunday of each month!
2019 dates: January 20, February 17, March 17, April 28 (moved to the 4th Sunday for Easter), May 19, June 16, July 21, August 18, September 15, October 20, November 17, December 15.
Join us for a lower sensory experience and special programming created especially for children on the autism spectrum. Free admission for children on the spectrum and their families from 11 am-1 pm, but stay as late as you want!
- May 19, 11 am – 1 pm: Spring Senses
- June 16, 11 am – 1 pm: Summer Senses
- July 21, 11 am – 1 pm: Water, Water, Water!
- August 18, 11 am – 1 pm: Colors at Play
Thank you to our supporters!
Appleton Rotary Foundation – Helen Thom Roemer Fund
SAC Developmental Disabilities Fund, a fund within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region
Autism Therapy Resources at BFK
The following resources are always available at the Welcome Desk, not just on Spectrum Saturdays!
- Decision Boards with Velcro cards featuring BFK exhibit photos.
- Visual timers.
- Quiet room: Need a break? We’ll find you a calm, quiet space.
Visiting the BFK for the first time? Download the play script to help prepare for the multi-sensory experience.
Check out the play script “A Visit to the Building for Kids“.