We want to make sure our visitors are kept up to date with the street construction and changes downtown. Here is the latest information about street construction from Appleton Downtown, Inc:
2019 CONSTRUCTION & CLOSURE UPDATE!
2019 will have construction and closures to turn Appleton Street into a 2-way and finish up the crosswalk updates that were started last year.
Below is the latest information and timelines, as well as a DETAILED MAP showing the exact intersections and detour routes.
APPLETON STREET: (Detailed MAP – click HERE)
- AT&T Wire Work
- 1/2/2019 – 1/17/2019: Single lane closure of Appleton Street from College Avenue to Lawrence Street. Full closure southbound Appleton Street from Lawrence Street to Prospect Avenue.
- 1/18/2019 – 2/3/2019: Single lane closure of southbound Appleton Street from Lawrence Street to Prospect Avenue (single lane closure of Appleton Street from College Avenue to Lawrence Street TBD)
- Appleton Street Reconstruction College Avenue to Lawrence Street
- 3/15/2019 – 6/15/2019 Full street and sidewalk closure
- Oneida Street Bridge
- 2/4/2019 Full Closure for the Oneida Street Bridge Reconstruction
- The southbound bridge at Appleton Street/Oneida Street south of Lawrence St is scheduled to be open to traffic July 15, 2019. The northbound bridge will remain closed until full completion date October 15, 2019.
- Schedule completion of the full project is 10/15/2019
- College Avenue & Appleton Street Crosswalks Intersection closed to thru traffic – April 15, 2019 – May 4, 2019
- College Avenue & Superior Street Crosswalks Intersection closed to thru traffic – April 29, 2019 – May 4, 2019 (North & South traffic on Superior remains open)
- College Avenue & Division Street Crosswalks Intersection closed to thru traffic – April 15, 2019 – April 26, 2019
- College Avenue & Walnut Street Crosswalks Intersection closed to through traffic – May 6, 2019 – May 11, 2019 (North & South traffic on Walnut remains open)
- Truck Route: For deliveries, it is best to direct trucks to take Prospect Ave to Memorial Dr/Richmond St to Franklin St (starting February 4, 2019 – October 15, 2019)
- Vehicles Route: For customers/standard vehicles.
- Coming from NORTH Appleton should take Franklin St to Superior St OR Washington St to Superior St
- Coming from SOUTH Appleton should take Prospect Ave to 6th Street to Walnut St.