Books & Brushes
Fridays in da Vinci Studio – 11:00 am
We’ll start with a book, then do an art project based on the story.
- June 22 – Lucia & the Light
- June 29 – The Very Fairy Princess
- July 6 – I Love Our Earth
- July 13 – Why I Lose My Teeth
- July 20 – Just My Friends & Me
- July 27 – George Saves the World by Lunchtime
Wednesdays – 10:00 am & 3:00 pm in the Innovation Lab
Little engineers will love this drop in program! Each week will feature a different building challenge and materials.
- June 20 – Pool noodles & shaving cream
- June 27 – Strawbees
- July 4 – BFK Closed
- July 11 – Foil towers
- July 18 – Sea shells
- July 25 – Rigamajigs
Tuesdays & Thursdays in da Vinci – 1:00 pm
Join us as we explore the elements of visual art and then create based on what we learn. We’ll explore lines, texture and more!
- June 26 & 28 – Canvas art (perspective)
- July 3 & 5 – Fork fireworks (lines)
- July 10 & 12 – Constellation jars (form)
- July 17 & 19 – Turtle sculptures (form)
- July 24 & 26 – Slinky painting (color)
- July 31 & August 2 – Nature paintbrushes (texture)
Tuesdays in the Mielke Family Theater, 3 pm
Calling all actors! Each week we’ll explore a fairy tale or fable and put a BFK twist on it through acting and re-imagining.
Tuesdays & Thursdays in the Mielke Family Theater – 9:30 am
Puddle Jumpers is an early learning program intended for infants, toddlers and their caregivers featuring music, movement, language and storytelling! Each class will consist of approximately 25 minutes of age-appropriate structured activity followed by playtime for children and mingle time for caregivers.
Fridays in the Classrooms – 9:30 am
Kids love slime and adults love to keep messes out of their houses! We’ll be exploring a different slime each week through scientific properties, texture and more!
Tuesdays & Thursdays in the Innovation Lab – 10:30 am
Investigate with us as we discover different aspects of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). Each week will have a new topic and include different STEM hands-on activities.
- June 19 & 21 – Butterflies
- June 26 & 28 – Fruits & veggies
- July 3 & 5 – Pattern fish (math)
- July 10 & 12 – Jack & the Beanstalk building (engineering)
- July 17 & 19 – Ladybugs (science)
- July 24 & 26 – Ozobots (technology)
- July 31 & August 1 – Sound (science)
Second Saturday of the month – 10 am – 12 pm
Investigate different areas of STEM in our Saturday drop-in program!
- July 14 – Tech & Tools
- August 11 – Engineering Water Proof Containers
Thursday, June 14 at 3 pm & Sunday, June 24 at 2 pm
Thursday, July 12 at 3 pm & Sunday, July 22 at 2 pm
Thursday, August 9 at 3 pm & Sunday, August 19 at 2 pm
Stress affects us all, even kids. We’ll start the program with an activity or exercise, read a story and then create something to help reduce anxiety. Each program will end with a meditation.
Third Saturday of the month, 8:30 am – 10 am
Join us for a lower sensory experience and special programming created especially for children on the autism spectrum. Free admission for children on the spectrum and their families from 8:30 am-10 am.
Starts third Wednesday of the month, runs Wednesday, Friday & Saturday, 10:30 am & 1:30 pm
Join us for Storybook Stars and listen to stories with the characters, meet the characters and create a craft.
First Saturday of every month, 10 am – 12 pm
This da Vinci Studio drop-in program will get creative with different media, projects and activities!
- July 7 – Sidewalk Chalk
- August 4 – Castanets