Join us on the third Saturday of each month!
2017 dates: January 21, February 18, March 18, April 15, May 20, June 17, July 15, August 19, October 21, November 18, December 9.
Join us for a lower sensory experience and special programming created especially for children on the autism spectrum. Free admission for children on the spectrum and their families from 8:30 am-10 am, but stay as late as you want! Programming begins at 9 am in the Thrivent Exhibit Gallery on the second floor.
Sponsored by the Appleton Rotary Foundation – Helen Thom Roemer Fund.
- June 17 – Summer Sensory Stations
- July 15 – Silly Siblings with WisconSibs
- August 19 – Sensory Sports with the Appleton YMCA
Autism Therapy Resources at BFK
The following resources are always available at the Welcome Desk, not just on Spectrum Saturdays!
- Decision Boards with Velcro cards featuring BFKCM exhibit photos.
- Visual timers.
- Quiet room: Need a break? We’ll find you a calm, quiet space.
- Free admission for professional therapists when accompanying a child patient who pays admission or is a museum member
Visiting the Museum for the first time? Download the play script to help prepare for the multi-sensory experience.
Check out the play script “A Visit to The Building for Kids”.