Join us on the third Saturday of each month!
2017 dates: January 21, February 18, March 18, April 15, May 20, June 17, July 15, August 19, September 16, October 21, November 18, December 9.
2018 dates: January 20, February 17, March 17, April 21, May 19, June 16, July 21, August 18, September TBD, October 20, November 17, December 8.
Join us for a lower sensory experience and special programming created especially for children on the autism spectrum. Free admission for children on the spectrum and their families from 8:30 am-10 am, but stay as late as you want! Programming begins at 9 am.
- December 9 – Sensory Painting
- January 20 – TBD
- February 17 – Bunnies with K&R Animal Sanctuary
Spectrum Art Exhibition
The Building for Kid’s invites families with children on the Autism Spectrum or with other sensory processing disorders to submit art for our upcoming exhibition! We’ll be kicking off the exhibition at our December 9th Spectrum Saturday program (9 am – 10 am) with a sensory art project facilitated by local artist, Michelle Sharp.
- Drop-Off Dates: December 9 – December 16, 2017
- Facilitated Project Date: December 9, 9am-10am
- Exhibition Dates: December 22, 2017 – January 28, 2018
- Work Pick-Up: January 30 – February 4, 2018
Thank you to our supporters!
Appleton Rotary Foundation – Helen Thom Roemer Fund
Evelyn and Arthur Lieman Children’s Fund*
Armin F. and Eddie C. Schroeder Fund*
*A fund within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region
Autism Therapy Resources at BFK
The following resources are always available at the Welcome Desk, not just on Spectrum Saturdays!
- Decision Boards with Velcro cards featuring BFK exhibit photos.
- Visual timers.
- Quiet room: Need a break? We’ll find you a calm, quiet space.
Visiting the BFK for the first time? Download the play script to help prepare for the multi-sensory experience.
Check out the play script “A Visit to The Building for Kids”.